Delos (Southwestern islands, Aegean Islands), 98/97 BCE
AGRW 236 =
= PHI 64151.
= AGRW ID# 1639
Copenhagen Inventory info: 906
Small base of white marble (53 x 44 x 28 cm). Found in 1905 to the south of the Agora of the Competaliasts. In the Delos Museum in 1937 (inv. Ε 575).
The wine-dealers (oinōpolai) dedicated this to Hermes, Dionysos, and Apollo when Medeios son of Medeios from the Piraeus was supervisor of the island and when Dionysios son of Athenobios from Eupyridai subdivision was in charge of the trading-station (emporion).
Translation by: Harland
οἰνοπῶλαι | Ἑρμεῖ καὶ Διονύσωι καὶ Ἀπόλ|λωνι ἐπὶ ἐπιμελητοῦ τῆς | νήσου Μηδείου τοῦ Μηδείου Πε<ι>||ραιέως καὶ τοῦ ἐπὶ τὸ ἐνπόριον Δι|ονυσίου τοῦ Ἀθηνοβίου Εὐπυρίδου.
IDelos 1711: Dedication to Hermes, Dionysos and Apollo by the Wine-merchants.
Photo © Claire Hasenohr 2012.
Item added: January 24, 2012
Item modified: December 18, 2020
ID number: 1639
Short link address: