Kos (Southeastern islands, Aegean Islands — Pleiades map), 84-81 BCE
IG XII,4.2 567
= IKosS EV 192
= PHI 186002
= ID# 17855
Plaque of gray marble found in 1936 among the rubble in the middle of the city near the little church of St. Demetrius (30.5 x 29.5 x 16.5 cm; letter height: 1.3-1.5 cm).
Those who were soldiers (hoi strateusamenoi) of the Milesians in undecked ships dedicated this to Apollo of Didyma when Artemidoros son of Demokleides was commander of the fleet and Automenes son of Autosthenes and Apollonios son of Ekphantos were leaders of ships with three sets of oars (triremes).
Translation by: Harland
Μιλησίων οἱ | στρατευσάμενοι | ἐν τοῖς ἀφράκτοις, | ναυαρχοῦντος || Ἀρτεμιδώρου τοῦ | Δημοκλείδου, | τριηραρχούντων δὲ | Αὐτομένου τοῦ | Αὐτοσθένους || Ἀπολλωνίου | τοῦ Ἐκφάντου, | Ἀπόλλωνι Διδυμ̣.
Item added: November 9, 2015
Item modified: November 9, 2015
ID number: 17855
Short link address: