Associations in the Greco-Roman World (AGRW)

An expanding collection of inscriptions, papyri, and other sources in translation (run by Philip A. Harland)

Dedication of a Structure by Italian Hermaists (?) (after 166 BCE) Delos - Southwestern islands


Delos (Southwestern islands, Aegean Islands — Pleiades map), after 166 BCE
IDelos 1739 = PHI 64179  = ID# 21375


bibliography            

Two fragments of a plaque of white marble. Found in the Agora of the Competaliasts in the same circular structure dedicated in IDelos 1738 (inv. Ε 254 + Α 1239 αβγ). These are likely members of the Italian Hermaists (Hermaistai).

(Greek) Lucius Veratius son (or: freedman) of Gaius, Gaius Volusius son (or: freedman) of Publius, Aulus Cerrinius son (or: freedman) of Lucius, Lucius Cossutius son (or: freedman) of Marcus, Publius Audius son (or: freedman) of Manius, and Zenodoros Maecius son (or: freedman) of Quintus dedicated this.

(Latin: same names).

Translation by: Harland



Λεύκιο[ς Ο]ὐ̣ηράτιος Γαίο[υ], | Γάιος̣ [Ο]ὐολοσήιος Ποπλίο[υ], | Αὖλο̣ς Κερρίνιος Λευκίου, | Λεύκιος Κοσσούτιος Μαάρκ[ου], || Π̣όπλιος Αὔδιος Μανίου, | Ζηνόδωρος Μαίκιος [Κοίντου] | ἀνέθη[καν] L. Ver[atius C. f. {l.?}] {etc.}

Item added: January 9, 2016
Item modified: January 9, 2016
ID number: 21375
Short link address:
http://www.philipharland.com/greco-roman-associations/?p=21375

Leave a Question, Comment or Correction

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*