Associations in the Greco-Roman World (AGRW)

An expanding collection of inscriptions, papyri, and other sources in translation (run by Philip A. Harland)

Dedication (frag.) of a Temple (?) to Sarapis and Isis by Therapeutists (before 166 BCE) Delos - Southwestern islands


Delos (Southwestern islands, Aegean Islands — Pleiades map), before 166 BCE
IG XI,4 1062 = RICIS 202/0162 = PHI 63545  = ID# 24073


bibliography            

Three fragments of a plaque of white marble. Found in Sarapieion C (inv. Δ 574α-γ). This very fragmentary inscription is a dedication by the therapeutists (therapeutai), perhaps the dedication of a temple (naos) and temple-foyer.

Too fragmentary to translate.

Translation by: Harland



[— —]ισ[— —] | [— —]ωνα̣[— —] | [— — τέ]κνων [— —] | τ̣ὸν̣ [ναὸ]ν? καὶ τὸν π[ρόνα]ο̣ν? Σα̣ρ̣[άπι? — —] || οἱ θεραπευταὶ οἱ [ὑπ’ αὐ]τὸν τατ[τόμενοι — —] | δὲ ἐπιμέλεσθα̣[ι ․․․]κλείδην vac.

Item added: April 13, 2016
Item modified: April 13, 2016
ID number: 24073
Short link address:
http://www.philipharland.com/greco-roman-associations/?p=24073

Leave a Question, Comment or Correction

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*