- Use tools in the right sidebar to browse or search a growing online database of inscriptions and papyri about associations, guilds, immigrant groups (including Judeans / Jews), and initiates engaged in mysteries, particularly in the Greek East
- View what’s new
- View a complete list of documents
- View featured items:
- A talking offering receptacle on Delos (Greek islands)
- A female benefactor (Aba) offers feasts for physicians and other associations (Romania)
- Dedication to God Most High by the “adopted brothers” (Southern Russia)
- Confessing to Zeus, Men, and Artemis before the association after the death of a father (Turkey)
- A guild of barbers (Syria)
- Records of mummification by a society of bird embalmers (Egypt)
- Petitioning the leaders of the Judean community over a failed marriage (Egypt)
- Banqueting schedule for the devotees of Antinous and Diana (Italy)
“Indispensable. A splendid resource for students at several levels, not merely in religious studies, but for anyone exploring the society and culture of the Hellenistic and Roman worlds.”
—Wayne A. Meeks, Yale University.
The accessible AGRW sourcebook (English-only) is a valuable resource for studying social and religious history and is ideal as a course text. The multi-volume Greco-Roman Associations (GRA) is an in-depth scholarly resource with original Greek or Latin texts and extensive commentaries.